WordPress Developer Job Descriptions
I had been working as WordPress Developer in Sydney for more than 5 years now. My growth from a HTML and CSS Developer to Mid-Level Digital Developer focused on WordPress had been quiet a long journey.
Very often, we hear that WordPress is really low paid. But with proper skills and traits, you can command a decent salary in Sydney. My suggestion is that try to be best in what you are doing and add more skills as possible.
So what does it take you to land a good decent role as WordPress Developer?
WordPress Developer Job Responsibilities
As WordPress Developer your main duties and responsibilities include:
- PSD to HTML Conversion
- HTML to WordPress Conversion
- WordPress Theme Development
- WordPress Plugin Development and Customisations
- Cpanel Management – Nice to have
- Hosting Management – Nice to have
Other skill set that add values to your resume:
- Version Control Skills
- SEO Optimisation
- Website Performance Optimisation
WordPress Developer Qualifications
As WordPress Developer, following skills set are needed. Good to have some extra skills too.
- Solid understanding of PHP and OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
- Solid understating of MYSQL
- Solid understanding of Front End technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, React
- Must be able to covert PSD to Mobile Friendly Design and make sure everything works cross browser and cross platform
- Knowledge of Restful APIs
I am Robin - WordPress Developer based in Sydney. I work as Digital Developer. I do some projects now and then, and love blogging about WordPress and Web Design.