AMPPS MySQL not starting? 3 solutions when mysql won’t start
As WordPress Developer, AMPPS is for sure a great software and life saver. It’s easy to use and does its job nicely.
If you have installed Ampps, you might have come across the issue of MySQL not starting. I have had installed AMPPS in several computers, most of them went without issues. But I did faced issues in some installations.
In AMPPS , MySQL won’t start for following reasons:
- Innodb_force_recovery isn’t set to 1
- Missing Microsoft service pack files
- Old log files in MySQL data folder
Set innodb_force_recovery to 1
This is quick and easy way to start your mysql. In order to set innodb_force_recovery to 1, follow these steps:
- Open MySQL configuration – see the image below
- When add innodb_force_recovery =1 under [mysqld] section
- Save the configuration and restart your MySQL
- If some issues persist, comment out innodb_force_recovery = 1 by adding # in front # innodb_force_recovery = 1 and restart your MySQL
Install missing Microsoft service pack files
Missing Microsoft Service Pack file is another reason why MySQL doesn’t start. Download the latest version of Service Pack 1 form here.
Install the package and restart your MySQL.
Delete old log files from MySQL data folder
Old log files in your mysql data folder is another issue that might cause your MySQL not to restart. To fix this, follow the following steps:
- Locate your mysql > data folder.
- Check if there are any log files – they are named as **_logfile*. Delete those log files. Backup the files before deleting.
- Restart MySQL
I am Robin - WordPress Developer based in Sydney. I work as Digital Developer. I do some projects now and then, and love blogging about WordPress and Web Design.