Freelancing Lessons Learnt in Year 2013
Just tracking back past year and half of freelancing, and to be honest I am relatively happy with what I have achieved at the time of writing.
Front End Development and WordPress Development always had been the strong point of me as a developer. I had a chance to work under SEO Manager when I really developed my love for the Search Engine Optimisation. With some guidance and readings I really thought it would be great assets for me to learn some basics of Search Engine Optimisation.
I had always admired Google and Google Engineering, in terms of the work they have done and in terms of quality products they have given back to community. I always knew that Google dominated the search engine field and will continue to dominate, no doubt about that.
I started and still learning the best principles of the On Page Optimisation, I prefer to move away from the off the page Search Engine Optimisation as it requires a lot of work and based on what I am doing doesn’t suit me. Even stick with On Page Optimisation I was able to achieve some decent results and rankings for the website in Search Engine Results (SERP).
So looking back at the point where I had set myself I wanted to learn following:
- Make myself aware to best practices in SEO
- Get some decent ranking for at least couple of keywords in Google
- Make myself familiar with some designing skills
My target were fairly low but easily achievable and I am glad that I achieved it. On top of my target sets I was able to achieve few things as:
- Got a couple of decent clients. Though I was even ready to pay for the running cost of the website myself, I easily got some profit out of website
- Got decent rankings for few WordPress related keywords
- The main important thing I learnt was the way to deal with the clients and decency and courtesy to make them happy
So overall in conclusion I was pretty happy with the Year 2013 and I am really excited about the new Year 2014. I remain optimistic and keep on working harder and hopefully this year will be successful too.
Hoping to collaborate with you and new team in the Year 2014. May this year bring luck and be prosperous.
I am Robin - WordPress Developer based in Sydney. I work as Digital Developer. I do some projects now and then, and love blogging about WordPress and Web Design.