Change WordPress URLs
Velvet Blues Updated URLs helps you find and replace url in page content, excerpts, links, attachments and even in custom fields and meta boxes. This plugin does save a lot of time when used properly.
Use case of the plugin:
- If you changed url of your website to www version from non-www version and you want to change url in entire website including pages, custom fields, meta boxes
- If you moved your website to entirely new domain and want to achieve #1
- You are testing your website in temp url and now you want to move to new website and want to achieve #1
As WordPress Developer, I have used this plugin few times. And it have worked as expected without any major issues. As most of my work are custom development work, there aren’t much plugin that conflicts. If you are using too many plugins, I would like to suggest you to have a backup of your website before making any changes.
How to change URLs
Changing URLs via Velvet Blues Update URLs plugin is easy.
Follow these steps.
- Go to settings page
- Select the old url that you want to replace
- Select the new url that replaces old url
- Make sure both old url and new url have exact match values. For example if you want new url to to be https://www.yoursite.com/ don’t forget to include https and else you won’t get the result you are looking for
- Select the options(checkoboxes) where you want the url to be changed
- Hit Update URLs now button
I am Robin - WordPress Developer based in Sydney. I work as Digital Developer. I do some projects now and then, and love blogging about WordPress and Web Design.